Monday, June 1, 2009

To tin or not to tin...

I played around with a tin project today. Something that I've had in mind for a couple of days- I was kind of just at the edge of really visualizing it and then today it clicked. I painted it with Tim Holtz crackle paint and then wrapped the outside with fabric and the inside with pages torn from a book. It makes a great shadowbox! So now I'm trying to figure out where to take it next. I held up a few items just to get a feel for how they'd look. I know that whatever I do I want to make use of the depth and do some layering. I figure I can hang an item as well as wire through the tin either through the back or the sides. It would make a very cool base for an assemblage. Something else that ocurred to me as I was working on it was maybe masking over an oval in the center. That would leave the reflective tin surface as sort of a mirror and would reflect anything I hung from the center.

So lots of options including turning it into a photo frame. I was also planning on doing a wire loop de loop border along the outside of the piece. I also like the idea of turning it into a sihlouette sort of thing too. What to do, what to do. I have to apologize for the heart pic. It's kind of fuzzy because I couldn't get it to stop moving. Oh well!

Oh, and then there's embellishing. I could add vintage buttons, I coud use the old keys I have, I could stamp on the background or add a bit of bling...I kind of like the idea of using a sparkly old brooch I have. So many ideas!!! I'd love to know what you would do with this canvas... If you'd like to share!!! Thank you!

No comments: